Join me for a Corrective Workshop!
Proper postural alignment is crucial for keeping bodies functioning properly, as well as for lowering the risk of injury during exercise. In this workshop, you will learn simple alignment tools to scan the body in both static and dynamic postures in order to identify misalignments or unhealthy movement patterns. Movement protocols and assessments will be introduced that can give you clues to weaknesses and/or tightness in your body. You will also learn to assist your body in correcting faulty habits and to improve their overall functionality. Get the tools you need to work on correcting poor alignment.
1. To learn techniques to help determine misalignments and poor postural habits.
2. To learn some common faulty movement patterns that contribute to poor posture, and how to improve these patterns.
3. To learn specific corrective exercises that will benefit some common misalignments.
- Exercise physiologist, Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) Geeny Hanjuko will teach you the techniques of performing a proper postural analysis in both static and dynamic movement.
- Using information gathered from this analysis, we will explore the common misalignments, weaknesses, and tightness in specific muscles and joints that will be specifically effected by these faulty movement patterns.
- A handout will be provided to help you learn about your posture, and as to the importance of postural awareness and correction.
- A plumb line will be included in this workshop to conduct your own ongoing postural assessments.